четверг, 8 сентября 2016 г.

Slow Cooker Pumpkin Spoon Cake

Slow Cooker Pumpkin Spoon Cake


Slow Cooker Pumpkin Spoon Cake


Hi,


this looks & sounds wonderful… how long do you think it would bake in a 3 or 4 quart slow cooker ??


I appreciate any advise /help you can give me….Thanks


Hi Abby! I have not made a cake in that size before. If that is the size you plan to use for life I would suggest testing it out, my advice would be to keep the lid on the entire time.


Awesome recipe… Thanx Sarah


I never get a cake done on high in just 1 hour and 45 minutes. Also I always have to put paper towels under lid to keep cake from getting the moisture back on it and keeping it wet. So what do you suggest?


This one doesn’t get too wet. Are you keeping the lid on the entire time? If you can cook it longer without it burning, that’s what I would do!


Sarah


EMBRACE THE LAST MONTH OF FALL WITH THIS DELICIOUS SLOW COOKER PUMPKIN SPOON CAKE


There’s no doubt that pumpkin is both the scent and flavor of fall. While the stores have exchanged their Halloween candy and costumes and autumn leave decorations for artificial Christmas trees and wrapping paper, I firmly believe that it’s still pumpkin season. In fact, I think the entire month of November, straight up to Thanksgiving, is the perfect time to make anything and everything with pumpkin.


If you’re looking for something beyond the traditional pumpkin pie and pumpkin spice lattes that is still easy and delicious with that much-loved pumpkin flavor, this slow cooker pumpkin spoon cake is it.


It’s super easy to make and you probably have most of the ingredients in your fridge or cupboard – a few seasonings, egg, pecans, canned pumpkin and yellow cake mix. You can substitute brands that I have pictured above, but make sure that the cake is “extra” or “super moist” to ensure that it stays deliciously moist while cooking and has the perfect texture. Personally, I prefer Libby’s canned pumpkin over all others because I think it has a true pumpkin flavor and it just blends well with the cake mix.


After I mix the cake batter ingredients together, I spread the batter in to a well greased 6-quart oval slow cooker. Then I top it with whole pecans.


Place the lid on it and cook for 1 hour and 45 minutes on high.


Below is what the cake looks like after cooking.


This is a great recipe to make on a busy night as the preparation time is minimal. You can put it in the slow cooker at the beginning of dinner and by the time you’re ready for dessert, it will be ready to eat. Serve warm over vanilla ice cream and indulge in the fluffy richness of the dessert. I prefer to stay on the hotter side of warm as I like the ice cream to melt just a bit more into the cake.


I plan to make this often for the rest of fall! It’s perfect for dessert on Thanksgiving as an alternative to basic pumpkin pie and it also requires a lot less time in the kitchen than most other pumpkin desserts. Just be prepared for everyone to want seconds because it’s just so good!


Add the cake mix, eggs, melted butter, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and salt to a large bowl. Whisk until combined, some chunks of cake mix are ok, don't over mix.


Spray the slow cooker well with non-stick spray.


Pour the cake batter into the slow cooker, spread until smooth.


Add the pecans on top of the cake batter, arrange them in a design if desired.


Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 hours and 45 minutes. I keep an eye on the cake towards the end of the cooking time. If the slow cooker insert is askew and closer to one side of the warming device, it can burn there, check for that and move it away from that side.


After the cooking time is done, turn off the slow cooker. Spoon the cake into bowls and top with ice cream.


Enjoy!


Here is the video on how to make this cake. You can follow me on YouTube here


Original article and pictures take http://www.themagicalslowcooker.com/2016/10/28/slow-cooker-pumpkin-spoon-cake site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий